The Hawaii Export Nursery Association is excited to host the 2017 Aloha Plantscape Awards, which commends the plantscape community for their exemplary use of Hawaii-grown tropical potted foliage in design and installation (does not need to be 100% Hawaiian plants).
The APA submission period has now closed. The 2017 Aloha Plantscape Award Winner will be announced at the MIDPAC Horticultural Conference & Expo being held August 3-5, 2017 at the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel. REGISTER FOR 2017 MIDPAC TODAY!
- Roundtrip Airfare to Kona-Kailua, Hawaii for One to Attend 2017 Hawaii MIDPAC;
- 3-Nights Hotel Accommodations at the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows (August 2nd to 5th, 2017);
- 2017 Hawaii MIDPAC Registration for One, including:
- Nursery Bus Tour
- Welcome Party
- MIDPAC Horticultural Conference & Expo
- Networking Reception
- Aloha Breakfast
- Award Announcement and Acceptance Ceremony at the 2017 Hawaii MIDPAC Horticultural Conference & Expo;
- Award recognition and photo publication of the winning installation on the HENA Website.
Submission Period: January 16th, 2017 – May 31st, 2017
Aloha Plantscape Award Notification by Telephone: June 15th, 2017
Award Ceremony at 2017 Hawaii MIDPAC: Thursday, August 3rd, 2017, to Saturday, August 5th, 2017
Thank you for your interest in the 2017 Aloha Plantscape Awards. Unfortunately, the submission period ended on May 31st, 2017.
However, the Hawaii Export Nursery Association greatly encourages you to participate next year in the 2018 Aloha Plantscape Awards. 2018 APA Competition Details will be provided in Winter, 2017.
Judging will be conducted by HENA’s Board of Directors, a board of Hawaii tropical plant professionals elected annually by HENA’s member organization. Entry submissions will be judged against each other based upon the following criteria:
- Design use of Hawaii-grown tropical potted foliage displayed in the photograph and described in the written submission;
- The amount and variety of Hawaii-grown tropical potted foliage used in the installation (entry submissions do not need to be 100% Hawaiian plants);
- Completion of the Aloha Plantscape Award Entry Form (please do not disclose any client information protected by Non-Disclosure Agreements).
- There are no entrance fees.
- Enter the 2017 Aloha Plantscape Awards by submitting an Online Entry Form.
- Submissions do not need to be 100% Hawaiian plants but must include at least one verifiable Hawaii-grown tropical potted foliage species listed in Aloha Plantscape Award Eligible Tropical Potted Foliage below.
- Acceptable installations may be of either interiorscape or landscape use (including in- ground installations).
- There is no limit to the amount of entries an individual or company may submit, as long as each entry is a unique submission with an individual entry form and has not been published or awarded anywhere previously.
- Submissions must be designed and / or installed by the entrant individual or company. If you partnered with another designer / company, please include them on the entry form.
- All design competition entries must be completed and submitted electronically by May 31st, 2017 through HENA’s Online Entry Form.
- At least two and up to five digital photographs of each submission is allowed.
- Photographs must be in .tif, .jpg, or .png format and may not exceed 2 megabytes in size per file.
|Bamboo||Dracaena Hawaiian Lotus||Dracaena Waikiki|
|Banana Tree||Dracaena Hilo Girl||Dracaena Warneckii|
|Birds of Paradise||Dracaena Janet Craig||Dracaena Warneckii Jumbo|
|Black Ming||Dracaena Janet Craig Compacta||Foxtail Palm|
|Bromeliads||Dracaena Karen ™||Kentia Palm|
|Caryota Mitis / Fishtail Palm||Dracaena Lisa ™||Philodendron|
|Chamaedorea Cataractarum Palm||Dracaena Marginata||Phoenix Roebelenii / Date Palm|
|Chamaedorea Elegans Palm||Dracaena Marginata Colorama||Pinanga Coronata (Blunt Leaf)|
|Chamaedorea Falcifera Palm||Dracaena Massangeana||Polyscia Fruticosa / Ming Aralia|
|Chamaedorea Neanthebella Palm||Dracaena Mauna Kea ™||Pritchardia Hildebrandii|
|Chamaedorea Seifrizii Palm||Dracaena Michiko ™||Red Sealing Wax Palm|
|Cycads||Dracaena Ohé||Rhapis Excelsa Palm|
|Cycas Revoluta / Sago Palm||Dracaena Pele ™||Rhapis Multifida Palm|
|Dracaena Arborea||Dracaena Randy ™||Schefflera Amate|
|Dracaena Fragrans||Dracaena Ruth Luka||Schefflera Arboricola|
|Dracaena Gold Star||Dracaena Santa Rosa||Spindle Palm|
|Dracaena Haka||Dracaena Song of India||Triangle Palm|
|Dracaena Hawaii Girl||Dracaena Song of Jamaica||Veitchia|